Cost of My Tucson Home Loan
Your loan officer must provide you with a good faith estimate of your closing costs for your budget within three days of your application. This will describe the closing items for your home and list the amount of each closing cost. The estimate will include the following items:
- Discount Points: Paid to the lender to secure a lower interest rate. This usually makes sense if you plan to stay in the home for a long time, but not if you think you may be selling within about five years.
- Title Search/Title Insurance Fees: A title search will be conducted to ensure that the Seller is the legal owner of the property and that there are no claims or liens against the property. The lender will require title insurance to protect against errors during the title search. For more information on title insurance, CLICK HERE
- Credit Report Fee: The Credit Reporting Agency will provide your credit report to your loan officer and/or lender.
- Closing Fee: A fee from the closing agency that will ensure and process the closing title paperwork of your transaction.
- Appraisal Fee: The appraiser will determine the current value of the property. These fees will vary depending on appraiser and the property.
- Application / Processing Fee: A fee processed by the loan officer to process your loan application.
- Miscellaneous Fees: VA and FHA Loans may have specific fees when using this type of loan. Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), document preparation, notary, recording and tax services are all services that may be included in your loan cost.